Video Platform Technical Leader
We are looking for a Technical Lead Developer to work on our cutting edge digital deliveries, related services & applications. Our products and solutions encompass the full range of digital media end-to-end, from acquisition, encoding & transcoding, distribution and delivery through to end user applications on web, mobile and OTT platforms.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on the full software development life cycle of online web based projects. They must be able to demonstrate extensive back-end experience and knowledge, as well a solid understanding of database design & development.
The candidate should have previous experience working on high traffic multi-tiered applications and fully understand the wider implications of security and performance considerations. The position will cover a range of projects and will require participation in client meetings and from time to time requires out of office hours support around the sports events. Input into product development, technology strategic direction, and mentoring junior team members would also be expected.
The candidate should have proven experience in:
- Collecting and critically analysing the business requirements
- Translating the business requirements into
- the incremental technical solutions, and
- the documented test scenarios, and
- the documented planning to release the incremental technical solutions based on the test scenarios
- Leading development work on new and existing projects
- Owning the technical direction and architecture of a solution
- Leading and mentoring a technical team assigned to one or multiple projects
- Involved in scoping, estimation, and sprint planning
- Interact with various multi-disciplinary development teams, project-managers and stakeholders across different locations and time-zones
- Understand client business needs and translate them in a technical vision
Work Experience & Skills
- Expert knowledge of ASP.NET using C#, with strong back-end experience and exposure to the following technologies:
- Essential: MVC, Web API, RESTful Web Services, SQL, ORM Frameworks, NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, DocumentDB), Designing & Developing for Cloud Technologies (Preferably Microsoft Azure),
- Extensive experience in SOLID principles and design patterns, TDD/BDD, and CI & CD (especially on Cloud environments such as Azure)
- Proven experience with B2C solution architecture, requirement gathering, task estimation, and sprint planning
- Strong understanding of security, performance tuning and optimization
- Well versed with Agile methodologies and ceremonies, use of TFS and Git-flow processes
- Any experience with Video Streaming, Mobile or OTT development would be desirable
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to work in teams with strong interpersonal skills and mentoring experience.
- Ability to present skills and able to present in front of client for required technical concepts.
- Coaching skills with ability to step outside role confines and help teach other team members
Strategic & Operations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions
- Well versed with the state of the art technologies within Web/Software development and can guide the client and team members as need arise
- Understand the departmental goals and spot potential new business with the client
- Ensure the process and guideline implementation of the development process within the project life cycle
- Ensure project quality and optimisation
- Ensure that product goes through all testing phases and deployment is regulated among development, staging and production environment
- Understand usability practices and able to advise on this to creative, client and team members
- Shows commitment to the company, its stakeholders, and clients.
- Demonstrates the learning agility to understand critical success drivers.
- Handles high levels of pressure and multiple initiatives with calm and vigor.
- Exhibits the presence to drive change, influence people, and establish personal credibility both internally and externally.
- Anticipates issues and addresses them quickly.
- Develops instant credibility with clients, as well as internal stakeholders.
- Nurtures and manages strong and lasting relationships with all stakeholders while striving to exceed their expectations.
- Builds consensus based on respect and a mutual level of trust.
- Communicates in an articulate, transparent, sincere, and fair-minded manner that engenders trust with all constituencies.
- Identifies as a first-class intellect and a strong personality but with low ego.
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Thrives in a global, multi-cultural corporate environment.
Interested candidates are invited to send their data and curriculum vitae by filling a specific application form that will collect all the relevant information and will allow to upload a CV file (in DOC or PDF format), preferably along with a passport-like photo (in JPG format).
Please, read carefully the instructions provided in the introductory page of the application form before proceeding with filling it.
For your convenience, the application form is available in both English and Italian languages.
Go to the application form >>
The application form requires the Silverlight plug-in to be installed on your computer; if the plug-in is not present, you will be able to install it from the Microsoft web site in a few clicks.