We are looking for a Scrum Master with expertise working in complex web applications development projects with good knowledge and understanding of the sports administration domain.
As defined in the Scrum GuideTM, the Scrum Master services the Product Owner, the Development Team and the entire Organization.
The most relevant duties to achieve his/her goals in our context are:
- The Scrum processes' and meetings' facilitation and monitoring
- Challenging both the Product Owner and the Development Team towards a continuous improvement
- Coaching both the Product Owner and the Development Team to focus on quality and timeliness through a proper definition of done
Previous experience in the sport event management domain is preferable.
- Guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or another related field
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Required software product development experience and understanding of fundamentals of software development processes and procedures, as well as supporting systems and architecture.
Interested candidates are invited to send their data and curriculum vitae by filling a specific application form that will collect all the relevant information and will allow to upload a CV file (in DOC or PDF format), preferably along with a passport-like photo (in JPG format).
Please, read carefully the instructions provided in the introductory page of the application form before proceeding with filling it.
For your convenience, the application form is available in both English and Italian languages.
Go to the application form >>
The application form requires the Silverlight plug-in to be installed on your computer; if the plug-in is not present, you will be able to install it from the Microsoft web site in a few clicks.